The Secretary of State for Health and Social Care is looking to appoint eleven new commissioners to the Commission on Human Medicines. This includes an expert in data science with a particular interest in cardiovascular disease.
The Commission on Human Medicines is responsible for
• advising on applications for National marketing authorisations and orphan designations (GB) for medicines
• considering further representation against its provisional advice in respect of national marketing authorisation applications
• advising on the need for, and content of, risk management plans for new medicines
• advising on the impact of new safety issues on the balance of risks and benefits of licensed medicines – e.g. adding warnings, restricting or suspending use of a medicine
• advising the MHRA and Health Ministers on changes to legal status of marketing authorisations
Applications close on the 28th of October