The BHF CRC is delighted to announce that we have awarded 5 grants to fund projects that contribute to the development of clinical research, in turn leading to further research activity. The most recent projects include:
- A systematic review into the natural history of bioprostheses in the pulmonary position. This will address a vital research gap in congenital heart disease (endorsed by the BCCA).
- Development of a platform trial in aortic stenosis (an initiative of the NIHR-BHF Cardiovascular Partnership AS Working Group) (endorsed by the BSCMR).
- An evaluation of the effects of exercise prescription on cardiovascular health and quality of life in children with Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy (endorsed by the AICC).
- Setting the research agenda for CTCA use in immune mediated inflammatory diseases (endorsed by the BSCI/BSCCT).
- Investigating if delaying reassessment of left ventricular ejection fraction after instituting contemporary guideline-recommended pharmacological therapy for heart failure reduces the need for an implantable cardioverter defibrillator (endorsed by the BSH).
More information on our award scheme and successful projects can be found on: bhfcrc.org/research-development-fund/.